Marula Mining Plc - Drilling Contractor Appointed and Mobilised to Site, Drilling Has Commenced
Announcement provided byMarula Mining PLC · MARU
Marula Mining PLC
("Marula'' or the "Company")
15 August 2023
Drilling Contractor Appointed and Mobilised to Site
Drilling Has Commenced
Marula Mining (AQSE: MARU) an African focused mining and development company, is pleased to announce the appointment and mobilisation to site of experienced South African drilling contractor, PDS Africa Pty Limited ("PDS Drilling").
PDS Drilling have now commenced the planned 2,900 metre ("m") resource drilling programme at the Blesberg Lithium and Tantalum Mine in
- Experienced South African drilling company, PDS Drilling has been appointed as the Company's drilling contractor for the planned resource drilling program at Blesberg
- PDS Drilling is a specialised drilling company, and has provided contract drilling services and support for mining companies throughout
Southern Africasince 2012
- PDS Drilling has now mobilised its drilling rig and all associated drilling equipment and personnel to Blesberg and has commenced the planned diamond drilling program work
- The diamond drilling program is part of the
ZAR 26 millionBlesberg resource drilling exploration and mine planning program as announced by the Company on 11 August 2023
- As announced on 11 August 2023 the diamond drilling program is to be completed in 2 phases:
- Phase 1 is to comprise an initial 1,500m diamond drilling of 20 holes on a 25m x 50m drill spacing
- The Phase 1 drilling program is aimed at defining a maiden JORC Code 2012 compliant Mineral Resource Estimate ("MRE") and support the initial hard rock open pit mining plan
- Phase 2 is to comprise a further 1,400m diamond drilling of 18 holes on a 25m x 25m drill spacing
- The Phase 2 drilling program is aimed at both increasing the confidence level of the MRE and further expanding and confirming the area of mineralisation to support the broader mine development plans for Blesberg
- The two-phase resource drilling program is to be completed by PDS Drilling and is expected to be completed within a total 6-month period
- PDS Drilling's work will be overseen by Project Manager, Mr Jacques Perold, and also by on-site General Manager Operations Southern Africa, Mr Henk van Zyl
Jason Brewer, Marula Mining PLC CEO said:
"I am delighted to be able to confirm that PDS Drilling has been appointed as the drilling contractor for the Blesberg resource drilling program, and have mobilised all equipment and personnel to site.
"PDS Drilling have a great track record in
"We are pleased to see that this resource drilling program has now commenced and have been impressed at how PDS Drilling have been quick and efficient to now start this drilling work on site.
"This resource drilling program is aimed at defining a maiden JORC resource for Blesberg and to be the basis of the initial hard rock open pit mining plan that is to be developed under the broader resource drilling exploration and mine planning program that is now underway.
"I look forward to updating shareholders on the ongoing status of the drilling program and the activities that PDS Drilling will be completing on site."
The Directors of Marula are responsible for the contents of this announcement. This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of
About Marula Mining
Marula Mining (AQSE: MARU) is an African focused battery metals investment and exploration company and has interests in several high value mine projects in
Marula's strategy is to identify and invest in advanced and high-value mining projects throughout East, Central and
Marula's shares are traded on the AQUIS Stock Exchange (AQSE), Marula is exploring opportunities to admit its shares to trading on AIM, the market operated by the London Stock Exchange Group plc,
For enquiries contact:
Marula Mining PLC
Chief Executive Officer
Faith Kinyanjui Mumbi
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
AQSE Corporate Adviser
Cairn Financial Advisers LLP,
Liam Murray / Ludovico Lazzaretti
+44 (0)20 7213 0880
Peterhouse Capital Limited,
Charles Goodfellow / Duncan Vasey
+44 (0)20 7469 0930
Financial PR and IR
Tim Blythe / Megan Ray / Said Izagaren
+44 (0)20 7138 3204
Certain statements in this announcement, are, or may be deemed to be, forward looking statements. Forward looking statements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ''believe'', ''could'', "should" ''envisage'', ''estimate'', ''intend'', ''may'', ''plan'', ''potentially'', "expect", ''will'' or the negative of those, variations or comparable expressions, including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors' current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company's future growth, results of operations, performance, future capital and other expenditures (including the amount, nature and sources of funding thereof), competitive advantages, business prospects and opportunities. Such forward looking statements reﬂect the Directors' current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors.
View more ...