The Aquis Exchange team is made up of a highly skilled group of professionals, all with extensive experience in equities trading and exchange technology.
Aquis Exchange offers a dynamic working environment with a flat structure, and will appeal to hands-on individuals who are interested in making a positive contribution to the company.
To express an interest in being considered for any future opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aquis Exchange PLC in partnership with the University of Derby’s College of Engineering & Technology are offering an exciting opportunity to deliver a strategic Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
This is a 30-month fixed term KTP Project to generate insights and unlock value from exchange trading data focusing on trade surveillance and detecting market abuse. As an Associate, you will work with a diverse range of large data sets and will help select machine learning services, tools and methodologies to establish a data science practice.
You will receive on-going support from a Company Supervisor from Aquis Exchange and an Academic Supervisor and Academic Lead from the University of Derby.
This role is based in London at the Aquis Exchange PLC offices. We are currently operating a remote working policy according to UK Government guidelines around the current COVID-19 pandemic.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Aquis Exchange trading datasets.
- Apply ML algorithms to enhance trading surveillance, market abuse detection capabilities and market event anomalies.
- Use visualisation techniques for interpretation and analysis of the dataset.
- Communicate and share knowledge through training events, user guides, presentations, publications and scientific papers.
- Contribute to the determination of appropriate research methodologies for the project.
- Contribute to the writing up of research findings and dissemination through publications or seminar and conference presentations.
- Plan and manage research activity and initiate research relevant to the discipline or research projects.
- Support the development and delivery of business engagement activities.
- Under the direction of the Academic and Company Supervisors, contribute to the development of new knowledge and techniques to the KTP project.
The Associate will work with cloud-based databases and ML services to apply their academic analysis to the ‘big data’ generated by Aquis Exchange’s trading activity.
As a technology-driven exchange services group, Aquis Exchange has first-class technical, development and infrastructure teams and capabilities. The Associate will receive team support as a full member of the company.
An undergraduate degree in a technical or numerate field.
We welcome applications requiring Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
For further information please email email@example.com or contact David Attew, Head of Regulatory Affairs on 020 3597 6330.
To apply, visit: https://www.derby.ac.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/data-engineer/.