Rules & Regulations
Aquis Stock Exchange is a Recognised Investment Exchange under section 285 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
Aquis Stock Exchange regulates the conduct of member firms and issuers on its markets, monitors trading and market activity, and maintains rules and guidance to provide a fair and transparent venue for raising capital and trading securities.
- AQSE operates two primary markets, a Main Market and a Growth Market.
- The Main Market is a UK Regulated Market for securities admitted to the UK Official List.
- The Growth Market is for unlisted securities. It is a Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) and a Recognised Growth Market. The market is divided into two segments – Apex for larger, more established companies and Access for smaller companies at an earlier stage in their development.
- Both the Main Market and Growth Market are Recognised Stock Exchanges under S1005 (1)(b) Income Tax Act 2007.
Aquis Stock Exchange (AQSE) operates its trading hours of 8:00 - 16:30 each weekday.
We do however recognise the Public and Bank Holidays of England and Wales, and the impact on AQSE trading services for these days is shown in our exchange calendar below.
- Monday 2 January 2023 - New Year Day (Substitute)
- Friday 7 April 2023 - Good Friday (Closed)
- Monday 10 April 2023 - Easter Monday (Closed)
- Monday 1 May 2023 - Early May Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Monday 8 May 2023 - Bank Holiday for the coronation of King Charles III (Closed)
- Monday 29 May 2023 - Spring Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Monday 28 August 2023 - Summer Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Friday 22 December 2023 - Christmas Eve Holiday (Half Day)
- Monday 25 December 2023 - Christmas Day (Closed)
- Tuesday 26 December 2023 - Boxing Day (Closed)
- Friday 29 December 2023 - New Year Holiday (Half Day)
- Monday 1 January 2024 - New Year Day (Closed)