Rules & Regulations
Aquis Stock Exchange (AQSE) is a Recognised Investment Exchange under section 285 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. AQSE must satisfy the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority’s Recognition Requirements for Recognised Investment Exchanges and is responsible for maintaining neutral, well regulated and orderly markets.
This means that AQSE regulates the conduct of member firms and issuers on its markets, monitors trading and market activity, and maintains rules and guidance to provide a fair and transparent venue for raising capital and trading securities.
AQSE operates two primary markets, the AQSE Main Market and the AQSE Growth Market.
The AQSE Main Market is a UK Regulated Market for securities admitted to the UK Official List.
The AQSE Growth Market is for unlisted securities. It is a Multi-lateral Trading Facility (MTF) and a Recognised Growth Market. The market is divided into two segments – Apex for larger, more established companies and Access for smaller companies at an earlier stage in their development.
Both the Main Market and Growth Market are Recognised Stock Exchanges under S1005 (1)(b) Income Tax Act 2007.
The rules for the AQSE Main Market and the AQSE Growth Market, together with application forms and other related documents can be found here in the Documents Library.
The AQSE Trading Rules and other information related to trading membership of AQSE can be found in the Documents Library here.
Aquis Stock Exchange (AQSE) operates its trading hours of 8:00 - 16:30 each weekday.
We do however recognise the Public and Bank Holidays of England and Wales, and the impact on AQSE trading services for these days is shown in our exchange calendar below.
- Friday 24 December 2021 - Christmas Eve (Half Day)
- Monday 27 December 2021 - Christmas Day (Substitute)
- Tuesday 28 December 2021 - Boxing Day (Substitute)
- Friday 31 December 2021 - New Year's Eve (Half Day)
- Monday 3 Jan 2022 - New Year's Day (Substitute)
- Friday 15 Apr 2022 - Good Friday (Closed)
- Monday 18 Apr 2022 - Easter Monday (Closed)
- Monday 2 May 2022 - Early May Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Thursday 2 Jun 2022 - Spring Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Friday 3 Jun 2022 - Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Monday 29 Aug 2022 - Summer Bank Holiday (Closed)
- Monday 19 Sept 2022 - Bank Holiday for the State Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II (Closed)
- Friday 23 Dec 2022 - Christmas Eve Holiday (Half Day)
- Monday 26 Dec 2022 - Boxing Day (Closed)
- Tuesday 27 Dec 2022 - Christmas Day (Substitute)
- Friday 30 Dec 2022 - New Year Holiday (Half Day)