Bacanora Lithium (BCN) Announces Strategic Investments of
· SGRF's commitment to conditionally invest
· Hanwa's stated intention to conditionally invest
· The Investments follow the
· Upon completion the Investments will bring the combined equity and debt funding commitments secured to date to
· SGRF's commitment is alongside an off-take agreement which, upon completion of the investment will provide SGRF with the option to buy 10,000 tpa of Li2CO3 once capacity at Sonora is expanded to 35,000 tpa of Li2CO3 as part of Stage 2 of the Project
· The Conditional Strategic Investments follow the favourable Feasibility Study which assigned a pre-tax
The full strategic investment release can be found at: https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/BCN/13719306.html
· The primary purpose of the Placing is to provide Bacanora with sufficient funds to begin construction of the Project by ordering the long lead items and beginning the required civil works.
· The gross proceeds from the Placing will allow the Company to continue towards its stated intention of commissioning the Project during Q1 2020.
· The issue of the Placing Shares is structured as a placing of new ordinary shares pursuant to the authorities granted at the Company's General Meeting held on
· The timing of the closing of the Bookbuild and the final number and allocation of the Placing Shares to be issued are to be determined at the discretion of the Company and the Bookrunner.
· Following the closing of the Bookbuild, a further announcement will be made confirming final details of the Placing.
Bacanora is a lithium exploration and development company. Cadence holds approximately 8% of Bacanora's equity and 30% of Mexalit and Megalit joint venture companies. Mexalit is the owner of the
The full placing release can be found at: https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/BCN/13719307.html
"Securing additional backing from existing strategic partner Hanwa and new funding from a blue chip investor of the calibre of SGRF further underscores the quality and longevity of the Sonora Lithium project. Along with the
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.
- Ends -
For further information:
Cadence is dedicated to smart investments for a greener world. The planet needs rechargeable batteries on a global scale - upcoming supersized passenger vehicles, lorries and buses - require lithium and other technology minerals to power their cells. Cadence is helping find these minerals in new places and extracting them in new ways, which will meet the demand of this burgeoning market. With over
Cadence invests across the globe, principally in lithium mining projects. Its primary strategy is taking significant economic stakes in upstream exploration and development assets within strategic metals. We identify assets that have strategic cost advantages that are not replicable, with the aim of achieving lower quartile production costs. The combination of this approach and seeking value opportunities allows us to identify projects capable of achieving high rates of return.
The Cadence board has a blend of mining, commodity investing, fund management and deal structuring knowledge and experience, that is supported by access to key marketing, political and industry contacts. These resources are leveraged not only in our investment decisions but also in continuing support of our investments, whether it be increasing market awareness of an asset, or advising on product mix or path to production. Cadence Mineral's goal is to assist management to rapidly develop the project up the value curve and deliver excellent returns on its investments.
Certain statements in this announcement are or may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ''believe'' ''could'' "should" ''envisage'' ''estimate'' ''intend'' ''may'' ''plan'' ''will'' or the negative of those variations or comparable expressions including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors' current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company's future growth results of operations performance future capital and other expenditures (including the amount. nature and sources of funding thereof) competitive advantages business prospects and opportunities. Such forward-looking statements reﬂect the Directors' current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements including risks associated with vulnerability to general economic and business conditions competition environmental and other regulatory changes actions by governmental authorities the availability of capital markets reliance on key personnel uninsured and underinsured losses and other factors many of which are beyond the control of the Company. Although any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are based upon what the Directors believe to be reasonable assumptions. The Company cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking statements.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the