Good Energy Group PLC
("Good Energy" or "the Company")
Non - Executive Director Changes
Good Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Will Whitehorn as Non - Executive Director and Deputy Chairman with effect from 4 July 2018. Will will join the Risk and Audit committee and become a member of the Nomination and Remuneration committee.
Will currently holds a number of Non - Executive roles across a range of companies, including Stagecoach Group PLC, where he is Deputy Chairman, and space technology company AAC Microtec of Sweden. He was also one of the founder shareholders of Purplebricks Group PLC. He is shortly to join the Royal Air Force Board as a non - executive director with the rank equivalent of Air Vice Marshall.
Prior to this, Will spent over 20 years with Virgin Group where he held roles responsible for Global Brand Development and Corporate Affairs. He also played a key role in founding several Virgin businesses including Virgin Rail and Virgin Galactic and was special advisor to Sir Richard Branson.
In addition to his business commitments, Will is a fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, The Marketing Society and former President of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and fundraises for various charities.
John Maltby, Chairman said;
"We are delighted that Will has agreed to join the Good Energy Board. Will has extensive experience across a broad range of sectors with a particular focus on fast moving and growing companies. Will's particular experience across technology, digital and branding will be an asset as we continue to reshape the Company, reflecting our view of the changing market, the challenges and the opportunities for Good Energy's future. Technology, changing customer behaviours and attitudes, and the people making up the Good Energy team mean we can continue to lead the shift from old energy to new generation."
A further announcement will be released later today containing certain additional Information required by the AIM Rules
Good Energy Group PLC
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive Tel: +44 (0)1249 766795
Charles Parry, Investor Relations
Investec Bank plc (Nominated advisor)
Jeremy Ellis Tel: +44 (0) 20 7597 5970
Smithfield (Financial PR)
Alex Simmons Tel: +44 (0) 20 3047 2543
Notes to editors:
· Good Energy is a pioneering clean energy company, powering the choice of a cleaner, greener future together with its people, customers and shareholders. Having led the way in renewable energy development since 1999 in areas including small and larger scale wind turbines, solar panels, biogen and hydro, and now in technologies like battery storage and electric vehicles, Good Energy is making it easier for people and businesses to make renewable energy part of their lives.
· Good Energy powers homes and businesses with 100% renewable electricity from a community of over 1,400 UK generators and owns and operate two wind farms, including the UK's first commercial wind farm, and six solar farms. In addition, Good Energy offers a green gas product which contains 6% biomethane - gas produced here in the UK from food waste. To make it completely carbon neutral, emissions from the rest of the gas its customers use is balanced through supporting verified carbon-reduction schemes in Malawi, Vietnam and Nepal.
• Established to tackle climate change and help deliver energy security for the UK.
• Founded in 1999 by Juliet Davenport OBE.
• A British company based in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
• Good Energy's electricity comes from local, natural sources like sunshine, wind and rain.
• In 2017 Good Energy's generation output was 87.6GWh (2016: 80.7GWh).
• As at 30 December 2017, Good Energy had over 250,000 domestic and business customers.