Macarthur Minerals (TSX-V: MMS) Announces Glencore Participation in Financing.
Glencore's participation in this financing, strengthens the life-of-mine long-term strategic relationship between the parties in line with the previously announced binding Off-Take Agreement ("Agreement") with Glencore for sale of iron ore to be produced from the
Cadence holds approximately 10% of the issued equity interest in Macarthur, which is an Australian mining exploration company focused primarily on iron ore, nickel, lithium and gold in
Key terms to the note:
· Each Note has a face value of
· The Notes (including accrued but unpaid interest) can be converted at any time after 12 months into common shares of Macarthur at the Noteholder's option at a conversion price that reflects the greater of 80% of the average VWAP over 5 trading days immediately preceding the date of a notice of conversion and
· The Notes will have a term to maturity of 3 years and bear interest at a rate of 12.5% per annum.
· The Notes include a restriction on conversion that provides that such conversion may not have the effect of causing Noteholder to own 20% or more of the common shares of Macarthur or becoming a control person.
· The iron ore mining licences held by Macarthur (or a subsidiary of Macarthur) in respect of the Lake Giles Iron project region of
Any shares issued upon conversion of the principal amount of the Note and any accrued interest will be subject to certain resale restrictions, including a restricted (or "hold") period of four months and one day following the distribution date of the Note and warrant, under applicable Canadian securities legislation.
The consummation of the
The full release can be found at: https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?newsid=8292361460422531&qm_symbol=MMS
This news release is not for distribution to United States Services or for Dissemination in
- Ends -
For further information:
Kiran Morzaria B.Eng. (ACSM), MBA, has reviewed and approved the information contained in this announcement. Kiran holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Geology) from the
Certain statements in this announcement are or may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ''believe'' ''could'' "should" ''envisage'' ''estimate'' ''intend'' ''may'' ''plan'' ''will'' or the negative of those variations or comparable expressions including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors' current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company's future growth results of operations performance future capital and other expenditures (including the amount. nature and sources of funding thereof) competitive advantages business prospects and opportunities. Such forward-looking statements reﬂect the Directors' current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements including risks associated with vulnerability to general economic and business conditions competition environmental and other regulatory changes actions by governmental authorities the availability of capital markets reliance on key personnel uninsured and underinsured losses and other factors many of which are beyond the control of the Company. Although any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are based upon what the Directors believe to be reasonable assumptions. The Company cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking statements.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the