22 August 2022
Quantum Exponential Group plc
(the 'Company' or 'Quantum Exponential')
Quantum Exponential joins the ICFO's Corporate Liaison Programme
Quantum Exponential Group plc (AQUIS: QBIT), a company focused on investing in quantum technology, is pleased to announce that it has become a member of the Photonics Centre of Excellence in
ICFO's CLP Membership highlights include:
· Access to a custom-made action plan from a member of ICFO's Knowledge and Technology Transfer team, to determine points of interest between Quantum Exponential's investment interests and the activities and initiatives carried out at ICFO.
· Ability to connect with leading industry scientists and quantum initiatives through a programme of events, seminars, workshops, lectures and other activities organised by ICFO.
· ICFO will facilitate such connections and help establish relationships between CLP members and the Company to allow collaborative activities, cooperation agreements, or joint activities such as participation in research projects.
· Access to a network of industry leaders.
· Increased visibility of Quantum Exponential to investors with the promotion of the Company at ICFO institutional presentations and events.
· Attendance at ICFO's liaison day, an annual networking event organised by the ICFO for all programme members, as well as support to organise further events between Quantum Exponential and ICFO members and vice versa.
Commenting on the membership, Steven Metcalfe, Chief Executive Officer at Quantum Exponential, said: "The Institute of Photonic Sciences is regarded globally as a European leader in developing cutting edge quantum technologies relating to photonics. Joining as a member of the programme offers up significant opportunity for Quantum Exponential to increase its access to early-stage quantum technology companies and industry spin-offs.
"We are confident that being part of its Corporate Liaison Programme aligns with our existing investment strategy and will allow us to create lucrative partnerships in order to access, finance and help develop early-stage quantum companies emerging from the ICFO."
Silvia Carrasco, Knowledge and Technology Transfer Director at ICFO, commented: "We expect Quantum Exponential Group PLC to be a key partner in developing and financing early-stage companies emerging from ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences in
"The next few years will see an upsurge in commercialisation of numerous and varied quantum enabled applications.
"We anticipate Quantum Exponential's experience in investing and nurturing early-stage quantum technology companies combined with their deep sector relationships will help such fledgling businesses flourish and create a rich eco-system."
This announcement contains information that, prior to its disclosure, was inside information as stipulated under Regulation 11 of the Market Abuse (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/310 (as amended).
The Directors take responsibility for this announcement.
For more information, visit the Company's website: www.quantum-exponential.co.uk or contact:
Steven Metcalfe, Chief Executive Officer
Novum Securities (AQSE Corporate Adviser)
David Coffman, Lucy Bowden
Tel: +44 (0)20 7399 9400
Oberon Capital (Broker)
Mike Seabrook, Chris Crawford
Tel: +44 (0)20 3179 5344
St Brides Partners Limited (Financial PR)
Catherine Leftley, Ana Ribeiro, Isabelle Morris
Notes to Editors
About Quantum Exponential Group plc
Quantum Exponential is a first of its kind, AQSE Growth Market SPAC, focused on opportunities in quantum technology and the wider quantum computing sector, with an advisory board made up of industry advisors, entrepreneurs, and technology investment professionals with broad access to quantum opportunities and markets. Quantum Exponential's investment strategy is to assemble a portfolio of minority investments in early-stage global quantum technology companies, primarily in NATO allied countries, offering institutional and private investors access to revolutionising technologies and industries in the realms of artificial intelligence, manufacturing and healthcare.
About the Centre of Excellence ICFO
ICFO is a Research Centre of Excellence based in
The institutes research encompasses four broad thematic areas: nonlinear photonics, quantum photonics, nanophotonics, and biophotonics, and contributes towards basic and applied themes relevant to medicine and biology, advanced imaging techniques, information technologies and a range of environmental sensors, tunable and ultra-fast lasers, quantum science, photovoltaics and the properties and applications of nano-materials such as graphene, among others. For more information, visit the ICFO's website: https://www.icfo.eu