Capital for Colleagues plc / EPIC: CFCP / Market: AQSE / Sector: Investment
21 March 2022
CAPITAL FOR COLLEAGUES PLC
(‘Capital for Colleagues’, ‘CFC’) or the ‘Company’)
QUARTERLY INVESTMENT UPDATE
Capital for Colleagues, the investment vehicle focused on opportunities in the Employee Owned Business (‘EOB’) sector, announces an investment update in respect of the quarter ended 28 February 2022.
Key Statistics for the quarter:
- Portfolio comprised of 14 unquoted EOBs at the end of the quarter (30 November 2021: 14)
- Net Asset Value (‘NAV’) of £12,645,859 (30 November 2021: £10,764,556)
- Following the dividend of 1.5p per share (accrued at 28 February 2022 and paid on 3 March 2022), NAV per share decreased to
68.38 pencein the quarter (30 November 2021: 70.94 penceper share)
Key Developments in the quarter:
- The Company partially disposed of its investment in portfolio company, TPS Investment Holdings Limited (‘TPS’), for cash consideration of approximately £121,000. The Company retains an interest in the TPS ‘B’ ordinary shares, which were valued at £510,000 as at 31 August 2021.
- Capital for Colleagues raised £1.95 million (before expenses) through a placing of 3,050,337 new ordinary shares at a price of 64p per share.
- Portfolio company, Bright Ascension Limited (‘BAL’), redeemed the Company’s interest in BAL’s ‘A’ ordinary shares for cash consideration of £250,000.
- The Company agreed to sell its interest in the ‘A’ ordinary shares of The Homebuilding Centre (Holdings) Limited (‘HBC’) for minimum consideration of £250,000 over a 5-year period. The Company retains a 15% interest in HBC’s issued ordinary shares.
The Company currently has cash balances of £4.188 million. The Company has no debt.
Further information on the Company’s investment portfolio is set out below.
As at 28 February 2022, the Company’s portfolio of unquoted investments was valued at £8,341,233 and comprised 14 companies operating across a range of sectors, as set out below:
|Industrials (value: £3,182,1158; 38.15% of Portfolio)|
|Construction and Materials
Ecomerchant Natural Building Materials Limited
Employee Owners Group Limited
TPS Investment Holdings Limited
Place 2 Place Logistics Limited
Hire and Supplies Limited
Flow Control Company Limited
Merkko Group Limited
The Security Awareness Group Limited
Leisure & Travel (value: £403,583; 4.84% of Portfolio)
South Cerney Outdoor Limited
Media (value: £450,090; 5.40% of Portfolio)
The Homebuilding Centre (Holdings) Limited
Technology (value: £4,305,445 51.61% of Portfolio)
|Software & Computer Services
2C Services Limited
Bright Ascension Limited
Computer Application Services Limited
Craft Prospect Limited
The loans and investments made by the Company to unquoted EOBs are aimed at delivering equity-like returns. Each loan or investment is tailored to the individual investee company’s operating performance and specific working capital needs.
The Directors believe that the unquoted EOBs in the Company’s portfolio currently generate total turnover of around £ 55.7 million (*£52.8 million) per annum and support approximately 350 (*345) jobs.
*On a like for like comparism with previous quarter, excluding disposals.
Total Unquoted Investments (including short-term loans) as at 28 February 2022
Valuation (including capitalised costs): £8,341,234
BASIS OF VALUATION
Each of the unquoted investments is included at the Directors’ assessment of fair value, in accordance with International Private Equity and Venture Capital Guidelines.
Account is taken of any potential taxation liability in respect of the increase in value of investments on a quarterly basis.
For further information, please visit www.capitalforcolleagues.com or contact:
CAPITAL FOR COLLEAGUES PLC
Richard Bailey, Chairman
Alistair Currie, Chief Executive
01985 201 980
|PETERHOUSE CAPITAL LIMITED
|020 7469 0930|
Capital for Colleagues
Capital for Colleagues is an investment company focused on the
Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) Disclosure
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation EU 596/2014 as it forms part of retained EU law (as defined in the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018).