Cadence Minerals Plc
("Cadence Minerals", "Cadence")
Castillo Copper (ASX/LON: CCZ) to undertake comprehensive site visit to test all known pegmatites at Picasso Lithium Project.
Further to the announcements of 29 September 2021, 7 October 2021 and 20 October 2021, Cadence Minerals (AIM/AQX: KDNC; OTC: KDNCY) is pleased to announce that the Castillo Copper's (ASX/LON: CCZ) ("Castillo") geology team will undertake a field trip to the Picasso Lithium Project, near Norseman in
For the full Castillo announcement, please link here
This is a lithium rich region, as the Mt Marion and Bald Hill Mines are located within 120km to the north-west of the tenure. Moreover, the Picasso Lithium Project is proximal to LTR's Buldania Project which has a JORC compliant resource at 14.9Mt @ 0.97% Li2O2.
· Geology team will visit the Picasso Lithium Project shortly to gather more geological evidence - over a wide area - to verify if known / newly discovered pegmatites host lithium mineralisation
· The focus area is the high-density corridor that hosts most of the 69 government mapped pegmatites on the eastern boundary, which is coincident to historical lithium occurrences at surface, coupled with selected outcropping targets seen elsewhere across the tenure1
· The scope for the field trip is comprehensive and includes undertaking a drone survey to identify new granite / pegmatites targets; visit and collect samples from prospective zones; determine potential for lithium mineralisation; and update geological maps
· Once complete, the team should have ample evidence to finalise the due diligence as significant historical data has already been reviewed, while more than 30 rock-chip samples1 are due to be received in coming weeks
· The Picasso Lithium Project is proximal to Liontown Resources' (ASX: LTR) Buldania Project2 and is mostly situated on crown land, which makes access a relatively straight forward process
Castillo's Managing Director Simon Paull commented: "With the global lithium market showing continued strength, the Board has decided to send a team to site to collect more data points to advance the case for the Picasso Lithium Project. Whilst there is compelling historical evidence already and surface assays pending, the Board is keen to fully map and test all potential targets for lithium mineralisation within the tenure to hasten closing out due diligence."
Cadence CEO Kiran Morzaria added: "Further to the progress made by Castillo in regard to the due diligence at Litchfield, we are pleased that Castillo have also committed to send a geology team to fully assess the potential at the Picasso Lithium Project. We look forward to further progress."
Field Trip - Picasso Lithium Project
Castillo's geology team will visit the Picasso Lithium Project shortly to collect more evidence to ascertain if known and newly discovered pegmatites host lithium mineralisation. The main focus zone is on the eastern boundary which comprises the high-density, government mapped, pegmatite corridor that is coincident with known lithium surface occurrences.
In addition, the team expect to survey pegmatite outcropping along the western boundary which is more wide-spread and scattered. Overall, according to government mapped data, there are 69 known pegmatites within the tenure1.
The geology team have been set a broad scope to collect as much incremental evidence as feasible during the field trip to determine the extent lithium mineralisation is apparent within pegmatites across the tenure. The key tasks comprise:
· Conducting a drone survey across a significant area of the tenure;
· Identify new granite / pegmatites from the drone survey and note dimensions;
· Visit newly identified granite / pegmatite locations, conduct geological mapping and identify underlying mineralisation; and
· Collect as many rock-chip samples as possible from newly identified pegmatites >1m wide and record XRF readings, if any.
Once this exercise is complete, the geology team should have sufficient evidence to finalise the due diligence. To date, significant historical data and geological reports have already been reviewed, while more than 30 rock-chips samples1 are due back from the laboratory in coming weeks.
Lithium Technologies Pty Ltd ("LT") and Lithium Supplies Pty Ltd ("LS"), in which Cadence owns a 29% shareholding, each own 50% of Synergy Prospecting Pty Ltd ("Synergy") and have granted , as announced on 29 September 2021, Castillo a 90-day option to acquire 100% of the outstanding shares of LT and LS and by implication 100% of Synergy.
During this 90-day period, Castillo will be conducting due diligence on all three entities to ensure the underlying assets are in good standing and there are no material adverse issues. Under the terms of the option agreement, Castillo can exercise its right to acquire LT, LS and Synergy at anytime during the 90-day period.
Castillo Copper Limited is an Australian-based explorer primarily focused on copper across
· A large footprint in the in the Mt Isa copper-belt district, north-west
· Four high-quality prospective assets across
· A large tenure footprint proximal to Broken Hill's world-class deposit that is prospective for zinc-silver-lead-copper-gold.
· Cangai Copper Mine in northern
The primary assets of Synergy, which are wholly-owned, comprise the Litchfield Lithium Project (EL31774) in NT and Picasso Lithium Project (E63/1888) in WA. In addition, Synergy has an application in NT - EL31828 - known as the Alcoota Lithium Project, which comprises ground proximal to Alice Springs. Castillo will need to undertake further geological due diligence on this application.
LT and LS also hold applications for six lithium properties in San Luis Province, Central
Further details on these assets and all the applications and permits are contained on our website here
Option terms & consideration
The terms of the 90-day option are as follows:
Upon exercising the option within the 90-day period, the binding consideration terms are as follows:
Incremental consideration terms are applicable if the following milestones are achieved:
· In the event of commercial mining operations commencing a 2% NSR will be payable to the nominees of the facilitator.
1. Satellite imagery from Geological Survey of
2. LTR ASX Release - 2 August 2021 and CCZ ASX Release - 29 September 2021 & 4 October 2021
- Ends -
For further information:
Cadence Minerals plc
+44 (0) 7879 584153
+44 (0) 207 220 1666
Novum Securities Limited (Joint Broker)
+44 (0) 207 399 9400
Kiran Morzaria B.Eng. (ACSM), MBA, has reviewed and approved the information contained in this announcement. Kiran holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Geology) from the Camborne School of Mines and an MBA (Finance) from CASS Business School.
Certain statements in this announcement are or may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are identiﬁed by their use of terms and phrases such as ''believe'' ''could'' "should" ''envisage'' ''estimate'' ''intend'' ''may'' ''plan'' ''will'' or the negative of those variations or comparable expressions including references to assumptions. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but rather on the Directors' current expectations and assumptions regarding Cadence Minerals Plc's future growth results of operations performance future capital and other expenditures (including the amount. nature and sources of funding thereof) competitive advantages business prospects and opportunities. Such forward-looking statements reﬂect the Directors' current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to the Directors. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements including risks associated with vulnerability to general economic and business conditions competition environmental and other regulatory changes actions by governmental authorities the availability of capital markets reliance on key personnel uninsured and underinsured losses and other factors many of which are beyond the control of Cadence Minerals Plc. Although any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are based upon what the Directors believe to be reasonable assumptions. Cadence Minerals Plc cannot assure investors that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking statements.