July 4 2014
Good Energy Group PLC
("Good Energy" or the "Company")
Good Energy Group PLC announces planning consent for 4.9MW solar farm in Wiltshire
Good Energy Group PLC ("Good Energy" or "the Group"), the fast-growing, AIM quoted renewable electricity supplier, is pleased to announce that planning consent has been granted for a 4.9MW solar farm in north Wiltshire.
Juliet Davenport, OBE, Founder and CEO of Good Energy, commented:
"Each solar farm that gains planning consent offers the opportunity for more renewable electricity to be produced and supplied to customers here in the UK. This site will deliver benefits to local people via a community fund and to the surrounding natural environment through a bespoke ecological plan."
Good Energy Group PLC
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive
Denise Cockram, Chief Financial Officer
Tel. +44 (0)1249 766 795
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Andrew Craig / Ben Wright
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Notes to editors
- Good Energy is a fast-growing100% renewable electricity supply company, offering value for money and award-winning customer service.
- An AIM-listed PLC, and founder member of the Social Stock Exchange, its mission is to support change in the energy market, address climate change and boost energy security.
- Good Energy matches over the course of a year all the electricity its customers use with power from renewable sources.
- For the last three years, the company has topped the Which? energy company customer satisfaction survey. Good Energy's dual fuel tariff is cheaper on average than the standard tariffs sold by the 'Big 6' before discounts.
- It has over 40,000 renewable electricity customers and more than 15,000 gas customers (31 Dec 2013). It works with a community of more than 59,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators (31 Dec 2013).
- Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm, and also owns and operates Hampole Wind Farm, near Doncaster.
- Good Energy aims to deliver 50% of electricity from its renewable generation assets by 2016.
- It won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013 and was named as the best green electricity supplier 2013 by the UK's leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer. Most recently, it won Best Utilities PLC 2014 in the UK Stock Markets Awards.