18 June 2014
Good Energy Group plc
Good Energy commissions its first 5MW solar site in Dorset
Good Energy Good Energy Group PLC ("Good Energy" or "the Group"), the fast-growing, AIM quoted renewable electricity supplier, is pleased to announce it has today begun producing and exporting electricity to the national grid from its first solar farm in Dorset.
The 5MW site in Dorset is the Company's first solar farm and will generate enough electricity to power around 1,300 homes. Planning permission for the site was received at the end of 2013 and construction on the 34 acre, three-field site began in April 2014.
Juliet Davenport, OBE, Founder and CEO of Good Energy commented:
"The solar farm will make an important contribution to Dorset's renewable energy targets and demonstrates the value of solar power as part of our renewable energy generation portfolio."
Good Energy Group PLC Tel. +44 (0)1249 766 795
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive
Denise Cockrem, Chief Financial Officer
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser & Broker) Tel. +44 (0)20 7496 3000
Andrew Craig, Ben Wright
Good Energy Press Office Tel. +44 (0)1249 765 540
The number of homes supplied calculated using 5,539MWh divided by 4.229 based on an average annual consumption of 4,229 kiloWatt hours (source Renewables UK/Advertising Standards Authority). 5,539 MWh figure calculated using PV GIS sun hours data of 1110 hrs, times 4.99 MW.
Notes to editors
· Good Energy Group PLC is listed on the AIM market of the .
· Good Energy has over 40,000 renewable electricity customers and more than 15,000 gas customers (31 Dec 2013). It works with a community of more than 59,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators (31 Dec 2013).
· Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm. It also owns and operates Hampole Wind Farm, near Doncaster.
· Good Energy aims to deliver 50% of electricity from its renewable generation assets by 2016.
· Good Energy is a founder member of the Social Stock Exchange.
· Good Energy came joint first in the latest Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey for energy suppliers, and has held first place in four of the last five years. It won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013 and was named as the best green electricity supplier 2013 by the UK's leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer. Most recently, it won Best Utilities PLC 2014 in the UK Stock Markets Awards.