March 31st, 2014
Good Energy Group PLC
("Good Energy" or the "Company")
Hampole Wind Farm begins power generation
Good Energy Group plc ("Good Energy" or "the Group"), the AIM quoted renewable electricity supplier, is pleased to confirm that its £16m wind farm at Hampole, near Doncaster, South Yorkshire has begun to generate and export renewable electricity to the national grid.
The wind farm construction work has been completed both on time and to budget, and its four turbines have a total generation capacity of 8.2MW, sufficient to power between 4,000-5,000 homes.
"It is excellent news that our Hampole wind farm has started generating power to the grid," said Good Energy Chief Executive Juliet Davenport. "This means we are now almost doubling the volume of renewable electricity generated by our own sites, and takes us a step closer towards our goal of generating 50% of electrons by 2016.
"It is equally pleasing that we have been able to source the wind turbine towers from leading British manufacturers Mabey Bridge in Chepstow helping to boost the UK's regional economy."
Good Energy Group plc
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive
Garry Peagam, Group Finance Director
Tel. +44 (0)1249 766 795
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Andrew Craig / Ben Wright
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Notes to editors
· Good Energy is a licensed electricity supplier. It ensures that all of its customers' demand is 100% matched with electricity from renewable sources over the course of 12 months, backed by Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates (REGOs).
· Good Energy Group plc is listed on the AIM market of the .
· Good Energy has over 40,000 renewable electricity customers and more than 15,000 gas customers (31 Dec 2013). It works with a community of more than 59,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators (31 Dec 2013).
· Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm.
· It has targeted the development of 110MW of capacity of new renewable electricity generation assets by 2016.
· Good Energy is a founder member of the Social Stock Exchange.
· Good Energy came joint first in the latest Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey for energy suppliers, and has held first place in 4 of the last 5 years. It won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013 and was named as the best green electricity supplier 2013 by the UK's leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer. Most recently, it won Best Utilities PLC 2014 in the UK Stock Markets Awards.