31 January 2014
Good Energy Group PLC
("Good Energy" or the "Company")
Good Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Denise Cockrem as Chief Financial Officer of the Company with effect from 1 May 2014.
Denise is currently UK & Western Europe Finance Director of RSA Insurance Group, a multinational insurance group. Prior to joining RSA Insurance Group in 2006, Denise was the Finance Director of Direct Line's Retail Division. Denise qualified as a chartered accountant with Neville Russell and graduated in Law from Oxford University.
In addition to Denise's appointment, the Board is pleased to announce that Matthew Allen has been appointed as the new Director of Sales & Business Development for Good Energy (non-Board) with effect from 27 February 2014. Matthew joins the Company from Bloomberg New Energy Finance where he was employed as Global Commercial Head.
Juliet Davenport OBE, Chief Executive of the Group, said:
"These two roles are critical at this time of Good Energy's growth and will help us deliver the next phase of our strategy. I am delighted that both Denise and Matthew are joining Good Energy; they will each bring substantial experience and leadership to our business."
In accordance with Schedule Two (g) of the AIM Rules the following information in relation to the appointment of Denise Cockrem is disclosed:
Denise Patricia Cockrem (nee Lear), aged 51, holds or has held directorships/partnerships in the five years preceding her appointment at the Company as follows:
Alliance Assurance Company Limited
British and Foreign Marine Insurance Company Limited
Century Insurance Company Limited
Knapton Insurance Limited
Liverpool Marine and General Insurance Company Limited
London Assurance (The)
London Guarantee & Reinsurance Company Limited
National Vulcan Engineering Insurance Group Limited
Non-Destructive Testers Limited
Northern Maritime Insurance Company Limited (The)
Royal & Sun Alliance Benelux Holdings N.V.
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance (Global) Limited
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc
Royal & Sun Alliance Reinsurance Limited
Royal Insurance (U.K.) Limited
Royal International Insurance Holdings Limited
Sun Alliance and London Insurance plc
Sun Alliance Finance B.V.
Sun Alliance Insurance International Limited
Sun Alliance Insurance Overseas Limited
Sun Alliance Insurance UK Limited
Sun Insurance Office Limited
The Globe Insurance Company Limited
The Marine Insurance Company Limited
The Sea Insurance Company Limited
Union Marine and General Insurance Company Limited (The)
Royal Insurance Holdings plc
B. E. Inspection Limited
PI Brokernet Limited
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Finance Limited
Royal & Sun Alliance Property Services Limited
Royal Insurance Operational Services (U.K.) Limited
RSA CRS (US) Limited
RSA E-Holdings Limited
RSA Engineering Limited
RSA Overseas Holdings (UK) Limited
Sun Alliance Fund Management Limited
Sun Alliance Management Services Limited
Sun Alliance Mortgage Company Limited
Swinchan Holdings Limited
The Westminster Fire Office Limited
Westgate Properties Limited
RSA Finance (Isle of Man) Limited
Codan Finance Limited
RSA Manx Holdings Limited
Octopus (London) Limited
Liability Insurance Solutions Limited
Road Runner Motor Trade Limited
Motor Trade Solutions Limited
RSA Actuarial Services Limited
Tariff Reinsurances Limited
Fortress Insurance Company Limited
National Transit Insurance Company Limited (The)
Elders Insurance Company, Limited
Pennine Insurance Company Limited (The)
Other than the information provided above, there is no further information to be disclosed under Schedule Two (g) of the AIM Rules.
Good Energy Group plc
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive
Garry Peagam, Group Finance Director
Tel. +44 (0)1249 766 795
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Andrew Craig / Ben Wright
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Notes to editors
· Good Energy is a licensed electricity supplier. It ensures that all of its customers' demand is 100% matched with electricity from renewable sources over the course of 12 months, backed by Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates (REGOs). To compare the fuel mix of other suppliers please visit: www.electricityinfo.org/suppliers.php
· Good Energy Group plc is listed on the AIM market of the . For more information please visit: www.goodenergygroup.co.uk
· Good Energy's first corporate bond, which it promoted to its customer base, reached the £15 million maximum subscription on 24th October 2013, three weeks ahead of schedule www.goodenergy.co.uk/bond
· Good Energy has more than 35,000 renewable electricity customers. In 2008, Good Energy added a gas product to its range. It now has over 12,000 gas customers.
· Good Energy works with a community of more than 55,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators.
· Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm. It has targeted the development of 110MW of capacity of new renewable electricity generation assets by 2016.
· Good Energy is a founder member of the Social Stock Exchange.
· Good Energy came top in the 2014 Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey for energy suppliers and has won first place in four of the last five years. It also won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013, and was named 'best green electricity supplier 2013' by the UK's leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer.