Good Energy Group PLC
Good Energy Group plc announces final approval for its 49.9MW solar farm in Norfolk.
Further to its announcement on 20 December 2013, Good Energy Group plc ("Good Energy" or "the Group"), the AIM quoted renewable electricity supplier, is pleased to announce that full planning consent has been granted for its 49.9MW solar farm in West Raynham, near Fakenham, Norfolk. The proposed solar farm will generate enough electricity to supply around 11,287 homes.
The Board is considering the options available for the site, including potential partners for the possible sale or development of the solar farm by the Group.
Good Energy Group plc
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive
Garry Peagam, Group Finance Director
Tel. +44 (0)1249 766 795
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Andrew Craig / Ben Wright
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Notes to editors
· Good Energy is a licensed electricity supplier. It ensures that all of its customers' demand is 100% matched with electricity from renewable sources over the course of 12 months, backed by Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates (REGOs). To compare the fuel mix of other suppliers please visit: www.electricityinfo.org/suppliers.php
· Good Energy Group plc is listed on the AIM market of the . For more information please visit: www.goodenergygroup.co.uk
· Good Energy's first corporate bond, which it promoted to its customer base, reached the £15 million maximum subscription on 24th October 2013, three weeks ahead of schedule www.goodenergy.co.uk/bond
· Good Energy has more than 35,000 renewable electricity customers. In 2008, Good Energy added a gas product to its range. It now has over 12,000 gas customers.
· Good Energy works with a community of more than 55,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators.
· Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm. It has targeted the development of 110MW of capacity of new renewable electricity generation assets by 2016.
· Good Energy is a founder member of the Social Stock Exchange.
· Good Energy came top in the 2014 Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey for energy suppliers and has won first place in four of the last five years. It also won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013, and was named 'best green electricity supplier 2013' by the UK's leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer.