Planning permission received for three new solar sites
Two of the solar farms (5.8MW and 4.9MW respectively) are located in
Earlier this year,
"Receiving planning permission for solar sites is excellent news, helping us towards our goal of generating 50% of the electricity our customers need from our own sites by 2016. In addition, once commissioned, the sites will help contribute to their respective county renewable energy targets.
"Each site will also deliver benefits to local people via a community fund and to the surrounding natural environment through bespoke ecological plans."
For further information, please contact:
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser & Broker)
Camarco (Financial PR Adviser)
Good Energy Press Office
Gill Dickinson 01249 765540
Notes to editors:
- Good Energy is a fast-growing100% renewable electricity supply company, offering value for money and award-winning customer service.
- An AIM-listed PLC, and founder member of the
- Good Energy matches over the course of a year all the electricity its customers use with power from renewable sources.
- For the last three years, the company has topped the Which? energy company customer satisfaction survey. Good Energy's dual fuel tariff is cheaper on average than the standard tariffs sold by the 'Big 6' before discounts.
- It now has more than 46,000 renewable electricity customers and 20,000 gas customers. It works with a community of 66,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators (All figures as at 30 June 2014).
- Good Energy is the owner of
-Good Energy aims to deliver 50% of electricity from its own renewable generation assets by 2016.
- It won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013 and was named as the best green electricity supplier 2013 by the UK's leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer. Most recently, it won Best Utilities PLC 2014 in the UK Stock Markets Awards.
This information is provided by RNS