The project, which draws upon existing technology, will have an installed capacity of 320MW, and is forecast to start generating electricity in 2018.
Juliet Davenport OBE, Chief Executive and Founder of
"It's excellent news that
"Investing in the project will enable us not only to further diversify our sources of renewable electricity which we will need to supply to our growing customer base, but also to enhance our forecasting capability through predictable generation.
"This kind of renewable generation project harnesses transformational technology and lies at the heart of everything
Once operational, the development is forecast to provide electricity for more than 155,000 homes for 120 years.
For further information, please contact:
Arden Partners plc (Nomad & Broker)
Camarco (Financial PR Adviser)
Good Energy Press Office
Gill Dickinson 01249 765540
- Good Energy is a fast-growing 100% renewable electricity supply company, offering value for money and award-winning customer service.
- An AIM-listed PLC, and founder member of the
- Good Energy matches over the course of a year all the electricity its customers use with power from renewable sources.
- The company has consistently performed well in the annual Which? energy company customer satisfaction survey, winning first or second place in each of the last four years. Good Energy's dual fuel tariff is cheaper on average than the standard tariffs sold by the 'Big 6' before discounts.
- It now has more than 51,500 renewable electricity customers and 25,000 gas customers. It works with a community of 76,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators (All figures as at 31 Dec 2014).
- Good Energy is the owner of
This information is provided by RNS