("Gunsynd" or the "Company")
Further Investment in Human Brands and Investment Update
Gunsynd Plc (AIM: GUN, NEX: GUN) is pleased to announce that it has invested a further £130,000 in Human Brands plc ("Human Brands"), a US based premium spirits company, on the same terms as those announced on 18 December 2017, as follows:
· £130,000 invested by way of convertible loan note ("Loan Note");
· The Loan Note will accrue interest at 9% per annum;
· The repayment of the Loan Note is due on the 30th day of the 24th month after the date of issue of this note ("Repayment Date"). The payment at maturity will include the principal amount of the Loan Note plus all accrued interest;
· While currently not quoted on any exchange, Human Brands intends to seek admission to trading on the during 2018. The Company shall be entitled at any stage after the date falling thirty (30) days after Human Brands has achieved trading status on a recognised securities exchange and prior to the Repayment Date to convert all or any part of the Loan Note (and any outstanding interest thereon) into ordinary shares in the capital of Human Brands; and
· The Loan Note shall be converted into ordinary shares of Human Brands at a price equal to a 55% discount to the three day average volume weighted average price of the shares as recorded immediately prior to the conversion date.
Gunsynd now holds, as a result of this investment and the investment announced on 18 December, Loan Notes totalling £260,000 in Human Brands.
In recognition of the efforts of Gunsynd to assist with its proposed listing, Human Brands will, subject to completion of the listing, pay Gunsynd a fee equal to 1 per cent of its market capitalisation immediately following completion of the Transaction. This Fee shall be satisfied by the issue of such number of fully paid ordinary shares in Human Brands (post completion of the Transaction) at the listing price as equal 1 per cent of the issued share capital at admission.
About Human Brands
Human Brands is a private US company that produces, distributes and markets premium spirits, wine and beer in the USA and Asia. Their two key products, which they both own the brand of and distribute, are an aged tequila (Copa Imperial Tequila) and a Japanese Whiskey (Shinju Whiskey) which are in two of what the Directors believe to be the fastest growing areas of the US spirits industry. In the year ended 31 December 2016, Human Brands had turnover of $1.04m and profit after tax of $90k.
Gunsynd has disposed of 2,991,427 shares in UOG Ltd for a consideration of £169,674 representing a circa 100% profit on the average entry price. The holding in UOG now stands at 3,067,172 shares.
Hamish Harris, the Company's Executive Chairman, commented:
"We are very pleased to have been able to increase our position in Human Brands. We believe Tequila and Japanese Whiskey are set to be two of the spirits with the highest growth in sales in the next few years. With two premium drinks in this area and in particular a stock of aged premium sipping tequila (Copa Imperial), we believe Human Brands is ideally placed to take advantage of this growth. With the sales of two other brands, Casamigos and Patron, for circa $1bn and $5bn respectively, and tequila's change in recent years from perception of being a drink consumed by students to a top shelf liquor, we feel this could be the flagship product that could see Human Brands propelled towards serious success."
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.
The directors of Gunsynd accept responsibility for this announcement.
For further information please contact:
+44 20 7440 0640
Cairn Financial Advisers LLP
James Caithie / Sandy Jamieson
+44 20 7213 0880
Peterhouse Corporate Finance
+44 20 7469 0930